"The Game of Life," The Head Coach's, Launch into Space"
The last time out
Before the Head Coach’s launch, he prepared his Team for what they would do after the day of Pentecost. He told them to go into all the world and teach the gospel of the kingdom of God, which started on Pentecost, which they did – Acts 2:1-28:29(Mark 16:14-20)
- He told them to go forth and preach everywhere, and he would be working with them, referring to after Pentecost – Mark 16:15
- Told the Team to teach the new birth, he that believes would be saved, and he that doesn’t will be damned – Mark 16:16
- These signs would follow them that believe in the Head Coach’s name – Mark 16:17
- They would cast out devils, speak in new tongues, would be healed, and if they got bit by any poisonous animal or insect, they wouldn’t be hurt – Mark 16:18
The Head Coach explained one more time the “Game Plan” to his Team – Acts 1:1-8
- He showed himself alive for 40 days with many proofs that he was alive. Remember, this was the first thing they had to get into their hard heads, that he was alive
- He taught the Team for 40 days about the kingdom of God. In God’s word there are only three occurrences of him appearing to his Team
- He instructed them not to depart from Jerusalem until they received the promise of his Father
- John did baptize with water, but they would be baptized with God’s Spirit
After listening to the above, they asked him an idiotic question. He had taught them everything they needed to know about the day of Pentecost becoming a reality
- They asked if he would restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?
- They still didn’t understand the new birth would be available to “all people of the Earth” not just to the Nation of Israel – Acts 1:6, 7(Matthew 28:19, Acts 1:8– adds to the uttermost part of the earth
- As the Team was standing around just trying to absorb what the Head Coach had told them, suddenly, he went up! At this point, he fulfilled his earthly coaching career
- Now is next job, which was being at the right hand of God started (he became God’s right-hand man), and his new “Coaching Job” included running the heavens and the earth – Mark 16:19, Ephesians 1:18-23
- His take-off point was Bethany – Luke 24:50,51
- He made a rest stop in a cloud and was taken out of his Team’s sight – Acts 1:9
- The Head Coach took one last precaution; he positioned two members of his coaching staff (Angels), which appeared behind the Team. As the Team stared and were awestruck as the Head Coach went up, they told the Team, hey, wake up and get your butts to Jerusalem as he told you to do – Acts 1:10, 11
Now the “Game of Life” played out
- After the launch from the mount of Olive, they went to Jerusalem with great joy – Luke 24:52, 53, Acts 1:9-12
- The eleven members of the Team huddled in an upper room and recruited Matthias, a twelfth teammate, to replace Judas who killed himself – Acts 1:13-26
The Team took a knee, Game Over!
- Now, with the head Coach watching from anywhere he wanted to, he looked down, and his Team finally played out the play of the game of life by receiving God’s Spirit and unleashing the new birth upon all humanity, despite the world’s team attempts to destroy it, referring to the new birth, they weren’t happy losers
- Now he is coaching from above and watching his Team compete in the game of life by using God’s Spirit, the power from on high that they receive on the day of Pentecost
- Although it may look like the world’s Team is winning, the final stage is set for the Head Coach to return and save humanity. Game over, it may be today! – 1 Corinthians 15:51-58, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
This is the last post in BCS College football Championship Game series. On to the next Russia Vs.Ukraine starting next week, and may God bless you and your Family’s lives
Please consider donating to the development of the Biblical Healing Directory
Our goals are:
- Produce a listing of churches and organizations that teach Biblical Healing worldwide, if you have a need to be healed!
- Offer uplifting and inspiring posts about Biblical Healing
- Produce Study Guides, Biblical Teachings, and other materials that teach Biblical Healing
- We encourage your thoughts, comments on Biblical Healing. Contact Dave at email@example.com
- Please Donate to our endeavor to reach people that need healing
Check out our Biblical Healing Study Guides and Christian Products, including Christian Audiobooks, books, monthly faith boxes, figurines, jewelry, T-shirts, and teaching tools for kids, which are our future!
Also, check out our new Health and Wellness Products Sponsored by “Old Fart Health”
Give some thought to helping out the Autism Website. It is a big deal when you support organizations that deal with teaching our children or grandchildren. If they have a physical problem you are giving them more of a chance to believe God’s word when they need it in a health emergency!